FORM OF STATE AND SOVEREIGNTY
1. Indonesia is a Unitary State in the form of a Republic.
2. Sovereignty is in the hands of the people and is
implemented according to this Constitution.
3. Indonesia is a law-based state.
PEOPLE’S CONSULTATIVE ASSEMBLY
1. The People’s Consultative Assembly consists of the
members of The House of Representatives and the members
of The Council of Representatives of The Regions elected
through general elections, and regulated further by law.
2. The People’s Consultative Assembly holds a meeting at least
once in every five years in the capital of the state.
3. Any decisions of the People’s Consultative Assembly is
made by voting.
1. The People’s Consultative Assembly has the authority to
amend and enact the Constitution.
2. The People’s Consultative Assembly inaugurates the
President and/or Vice-President.
3. The People’s Consultative Assembly may only discharge the
President and/or Vice-President during his/her tenure in
accordance with the Constitution.